Thursday 25 June 2009

Boys sent to Canada in the 1920's

Dear Sir/Madam,
Membership Number
I wonder if you can help me please. I am trying to find some background information about the boys who were sent to Canada in the 1920's from boys homes in Liverpool. Information such as :

- Which homes sent the boys.
- How did the boys enter the homes e.g were they taken by a member of the family or did they just walk into the home themselves or was there an equivalent of 'social workers' who rounded them up.(such as street urchins)

As is quite apparent, I do not have much information at this time despite searching the internet. I'm obviously not looking in the right place. Could you possibly direct me to someone who may be able to help me please.

Thank you for your assistance.

Iris Rothwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment