Monday 13 July 2009

Ray & Miles Cabinet Makers

I am interested in finding some information on Ray & Miles Cabinet
Makers located in Liverpool through I believe the mid to late 19th
century. We have a pair of ball room chairs and wondered if we could
obtain any information to their history and value. We are considering
donating them to a local charity in Niagara on the Lake Ontario. I
know this is a long shot but if you may have any information it would
be greatly appreciated.

Bruce and Jeanette Murdoch

Arbourview Bed & Breakfast
arbourview@arbourview.com

3 comments:

  1. Ray & Miles had a shop in London Road, just past where the Odeon used to be. I inherited a very nice dining room suite (table, 4 chairs & sideboard) that was bought new by my late aunt probably about 1936. My daughter now has it in her house. It is dark oak, arts & crafts style with heavy iron drawer handles and linenfold panels on the sideboard doors. It has Ray & Miles label inside the sideboard door.
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 6 Ray and Miles chairs from Liverpool and wonder what they might be worth now. They are oak with barley twist and cane backs. I have had them for about 30 years and were told they were old when I bought them. Any thoughts on my chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I do not have a clue as we are a history society not furniture valuers

    Web Administrator
    Liverpool History Society

    ReplyDelete