Thursday 17 February 2011

Incoming Passenger Lists for Liverpool for 1888

Dear Webmaster,
 
Is it possible to find incoming passenger lists for Liverpool for 1888?
They don’t appear to be available on Ancestry.uk.
 
I am trying to find a ship that sailed from New York between 19 November 1888 and 9 December 1888, arriving fifteen days later with a cargo of cattle and a small crew. I am looking for one of the crew members, but don’t have the name. If I could locate the ship’s passenger list I could narrow my search.
I am a professor working on a book.
 
Yours sincerely,
 
Jacob S. Dorman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of History and American Studies Program
The University of Kansas
N.E.H. Long-Term Fellow,
The Newberry Library,
60 West Walton Street
Chicago, IL 60610

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jacob,

    I do know the Mersey Maritime Museum hold a large selection of passenger lists.

    http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/maritime/.

    Their contacts details are listed below.

    Merseyside Maritime Museum
    Albert Dock
    Liverpool
    L3 4AQ
    England

    Telephone 0151 478 4499

    International Telephone +44 151 478 4499

    Regards

    Rob Ainsworth

    Web Administrator
    Liverpool History Society

    ReplyDelete