Saturday 10 March 2012

Liver Sketching Club

I am writing the history of the Liver Sketching Club, Liverpool, which was founded in 1872.
The leading founder - and the club's first President - was Samuel Burkinshaw who, at the time, was Art Master at Liverpool Collegiate in Shaw Street. He was born in Yardley, Birmingham, in 1827 and by the 1861 Census, he was an Art Teacher in Liverpool. I have a number of addresses for him in Everton and fairfield. There are many advertismenst in the Liverpool Mercury for his services as an art teacher / teacher of drawing but, as he was so important to the club, I an keen to find out anything I can about him. At the moment, I don't even have the date or place where he died.
Would you be able to assist?
Many thanks.
David Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment