Thursday 24 February 2011

Electoral Roll Information

Dear sir/madam


I am researching my family history and have come up against a bit of a wall. My father’s family originally hail from West Derby, but left for Plymouth around 1935. My grandfather leaving his mother & 7 brothers and sisters behind. Well, I’ve discovered the fate of most of his brothers, but the sisters are another story. The records unfortunately don’t show the marriage partners names and consequently we cannot discover what happened to them.
 
We have one small clue, which might be able to help us. In 1930 my great grandparents William and Margaret Woodward lived in Webb Street, Liverpool and it seems one of their married daughters lived on the opposite side of the road to them. The problem is who do I contact in Liverpool to get information on the electoral roll? whose records I believe began in 1934.
 
In Plymouth we have similar records in the main library, is the situation in Liverpool the same? If so, would you have a contact number or email address?
 
Thank you for any possible help in this situation.
 
Brian G Woodward

1 comment:

  1. Dear Brian,

    have you tried Ancestry.com for Electoral Roll information. Liverpool Record Library can be contacted on 0151 233 5835 William Brown St, Liverpool, Merseyside L3 8EW.

    Regards

    Rob Ainsworth

    Web Administrator
    Liverpool History Society
    Web Site:http://liverpoolhistorysociety.org.uk

    ReplyDelete