Sunday 15 May 2011

WWII veteran from Liverpool, Victor Torrig

Good evening. I am a Northern Italian researcher, looking for information and contact with the family of a WWII veteran from Liverpool, Victor Torrig.
 
Unfortunately I only know his name and surname, while his rank was, as far as I know, Private.
I know he was taken prisoner at Tobruk, then he escaped from Italian POW camps together with sergeant William David Lewis from London.
 
I would really like to contact his family, if possible - May I kindly ask your help, please?
 
Best regards,
Marco

--
dr. Marco Soggetto

1 comment:

  1. it would be helpful to know regimental details. However the two link below should help.

    Army Personnel Centre
    Historical Disclosures
    MP 555, Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    Glasgow G2 8EX

    Tel: 0845 600 9663
    Email: disc4@apc.army.mod.uk

    and

    Looking for a person?

    http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/default.htm

    and

    http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/britisharmysoldierafter1913.htm?WT.lp=rg-3114

    Regards

    Rob
    Web Administrator
    Liverpool History Society

    ReplyDelete